Fall is a glorious time of year in Pennsylvania! Beautiful crisp cool air, the crunch of leaves and acorns under my feet, festive mums and asters adding a pop of color against bushels of ripe, red apples waiting to be made into warm, delicious treats. What a treat for the senses! Here is my list of 20 reasons I “fall” in love with Fall each year:
1. Decorating outdoor spaces with pumpkins and gourds (see Week 3 post coming soon)
2. Burning fall-scented candles
3. The bright colors of changing leaves against impossibly clear blue sky
4. Sleeping with the windows open
5. Having morning tea on weekends outside on the gazebo wearing my fluffy robe and slippers
6. Feeding the birds again
7. Putting the garden to bed for the season
8. Fires in the firepit
9. Photographing my friends’ families for Autumn portraits
10. Hearty crockpot meals (check out http://www.skinnytaste.com for lots of healthy recipes)
11. Enjoying the solitude of the beach after the crowds are gone
12. Apples (baking with them, picking them, festivals, cider, etc.)
13. Going to a NFL football game and tailgating with friends – Go Ravens!
14. Day trip to Skyline Drive in Virginia to see the leaves and hike
15. Visiting the pumpkin patch
16. Making baked goods with fall spices like cinnamon, brown sugar, apple pie and pumpkin pie spices – Cookies, muffins, crumbles, etc. Taste of Home has a wonderful Pumpkin Gingerbread trifle recipe that I plan to make for an upcoming party.
17. My anniversary and my Mom’s birthday
18. Jogging outside when it’s cool
19. Adults only Halloween party
20. Gearing up for Christmas decorating (choosing a color scheme/theme, making the photo Christmas cards, planning menus, gathering ideas for centerpieces and other décor, holiday cookie exchange, etc.)
So, do we share many of the same simple pleasures? Doesn’t surprise me! Stop back next week to see some of the ways I incorporate Fall touches around the house. Until then, have a great week!